Sep 23, 2011

Wedding Preparations

I've done it again! It's been several MONTHS since I've posted anything. I have some great excuses this time, I promise! Since the last time I posted anything, I received a promotion at work and I've been working on wedding preparations quite a lot. We're doing a pie buffet instead of a wedding cake and making a large percentage of them from scratch. So far, there are 23 pies that my mom, my mother in law to be and myself have made. Here's a picture of two strawberry rhubarb pies (for the wedding) and a chocolate cream pie (for a bbq) that were made 3 weeks ago.
Next, a cute blueberry pie I made about a month ago...
A lot of pies are actually freezable for up to a month or so, which helps out with our stress levels quite a bit. We baked these ahead of time, let them cool completely, wrapped in plastic wrap twice then aluminum foil and labeled before freezing. All we'll have to do is set them out the night before the wedding and voila! PIE TIME! The wedding is October 1st...8 days away. I've taken Thursday the 29th through Monday the 3rd off for prep and family time. My brother is flying in from Japan, tons of family from Texas coming, and a couple of people from Montana, New York City and Portland, OR are on their way. I'm so freaking excited! I've barely been able to sleep and have decided that I need to make sure my supply of coffee is stocked with a larger amount that usual this week and I've been considering a purchase of a large quantity of Red Bull. ;-) Any how, things are falling into place. I'm really not that stressed, just excited. I have several lists of things to do, things to buy, things to delegate to other people to do, etc. We're having the ceremony and reception at a state park about an hour's drive from here so I want to make sure we have everything packed up, accounted for and ready to go on Friday the 30th when we go decorate. Ya know, as I'm typing this, I've remember about 10 things I need to add to my lists. I think I had better get off of here and get some things done. Until next time.... I leave you with a photo of some mini pies that I made with leftovers in my Fiestaware ramekins.

No comments: