Apr 13, 2011

Strawberry Stuffed French Toast

This morning I whipped up some stuffed french toast using leftover fruit dip that I made last week. The local grocery chain had marshmallow creme on sale for $0.15 a jar last week because it was about out of date. I bought a few jars, knowing I shouldn't because it is less than 6mos from my wedding day, but did it anyway. I gave most of it away but had some available to use so I decided to make a fruit dip. It was great with apple, pineapple, and strawberries!

Here's how you make the dip: Beat 7oz of Marshmallow Creme (or Fluff) and 8oz of Neufchâtel cheese in a bowl. Done. Eat. Refrigerate.

We had some strawberries that needed to be eaten and a little less than half a loaf of 12-grain bread that was about to be stale, so I decided to make some stuffed french toast. First, I added cinnamon to the fruit dip and stirred it. Then, I spread a thin layer of the dip on two slices of bread and added a layer of sliced strawberries before closing the sandwich. Dip the sandwich in your favorite egg mix for french toast and fry as you would french toast! Drizzle a little pure maple syrup over or dust with powdered sugar and there you have it! Deliciousness!

The food didn't last long enough for me to get any photos.

No comments: