Mar 12, 2011

Crazy Week!

Ok, so I had all sorts of plans to talk about these fabulous recipes that I tried last week, then the floodgates opened this week. Tuesday night, the ceiling in our kitchen caved in and released all kinds of toxic mold dust throughout the house. I had an immediate allergic reaction and, to make a long story short, it was TERRIBLE! The only good thing about this was that we had been looking for a new place for a couple of weeks and had just looked at and got approved to rent a place the day before! We couldn't move into the new place until Thursday, which is record time for the look at/ get approved/ move into rate, but was not fast enough. Our good friends allowed us to stay with them Tuesday and Wednesday night so that I didn't stop breathing, and during the day we packed the rest of our belongings in short intervals while doped up on antihistamines and covering our nose/mouth with bandanas. (Why we didn't buy masks, I don't know.) We spent all day Thursday moving in, I worked Thursday night, moved more in on Friday, worked friday night...and now it's Saturday. I'm working my 24 hour shift and just happen to have some time to type.

It was all kind of like that movie, The Money Pit, but the crappy house didn't have as much potential and Tom Hanks wasn't involved.

To add to the stress, my step-dad had knee surgery Thursday and I worried about that the whole morning until I got a call that he was ok. Oh, and then that huge earthquake hit Japan and I worried about my brother and his wife! Thankfully the internet was available to them and they were able to keep us all updated.

SIGH.

I believe I've survived and now have been rewarded with 3 sales in my Etsy shop in one evening! A new record!

This coming week I really want to do some cooking, get some photos of last week's awesome meals up (as soon as my desktop is in order), and make a rockin Corned Beef & Cabbage dinner for St. Patrick's Day. Hopefully nothing caves in or blows up.

No comments: