Mar 2, 2011

It's March?!

February seemed to go by quickly...A blizzard, a 70 degree day the next week, Valentine's Day, thunder snow, thunderstorm...enough to pass the time quickly I guess.

OK first thing's first. ONE OF MY PATTERNS WAS FEATURED ON A READYMADE BLOG!!!!!! (sorry for the caps, just SO EXCITED!!!!)



ReadyMade is one of my favorite magazines of all time, so I about lost control of my bowels when I saw this! Here's the link:

http://www.readymade.com/blog/craft/2011/02/28/monday_mosaic_anatomy_lesson

Awesome, huh?

In wedding planning news, I really like this cake topper:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/60323003/happy-heart-love-bride-and-groom-cake

Not sure if we'll buy it, but I should probably start making decisions on things so as to not stress myself out later. Yesterday marked exactly 7 months until the big day!!!

In cooking news, I made a Buffalo Chicken Chili last night. I got the basis for the recipe from a book or magazine at work...don't remember which one exactly. Here's what I threw in the pot (which was a little different from the original recipe):

about 3 lbs chicken thighs, skinned, boiled, cut into chunks
onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 can diced tomatoes
a handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
about 2 cups cooked black beans
can of pinto beans
about 2 cups chicken broth
1/4c to 1/3 c Frank's Red Hot sauce
lots of chili powder
salt & pepper

I topped each bowl with a couple dashes of Frank's and a few crumbles of Gorgonzola. Delicious! I also made corn muffins to go with them.

On the menu for today: Chipotle Shrimp tacos with lime cabbage slaw and my version of Mexican-style rice.

I should really get in the habit of taking pictures of my food adventures. Maybe I should just leave my camera in the dining room with all of my cookbooks.

No comments: